City Manager's Office
About the Office
The city manager's office is responsible for implementing policies enacted by the city council and the general administration of city operations. This office manages the personnel, labor relations, and purchasing functions.
The office prepares issues of the municipal newsletter tri-annually to provide residents with information on city services, activities, and programs.It is primarily dispersed electronically through e-mail, but copies may be printed from the website or picked up at the Municipal Building.
Special Parking Districts
The city manager and/or the city council may designate a residential area as a special parking district upon the request of a majority of the residents in the area. Parking in these areas is restricted to residents and their guests. Once districts are designated, residents may apply for parking permits through the Police Department.
Service Problems & Complaints
If you are experiencing a problem with city services, you should first contact the city department that is responsible for providing that service. If you have contacted the department and the problem has not been resolved satisfactorily, you should refer your complaint to the city manager's office.
ADA Transition Plan for Sidewalk, Curbs, & Ramps
The City of Newark is committed to making all sidewalk and curb ramp areas accessible to all pedestrians including those with disabilities. Any correspondence such as complaints, comments and recommendations should be submitted to the City of Newark ADA Coordinator, Planning & Design Engineer, Ethan Robinson at email@example.com.
- Where is the Newark Municipal Building (City Hall) located and can I get driving directions?
- Who can I call to resolve a service problem or concern?
- I understand the City has a notification system. How do I sign up for InformMe notifications?
- Once I sign up for InformMe, what do I have to do when I move out of the City?
- Can I view the City’s holiday schedule online?
- Where can I find out what jobs are available in the City and are applications available online?
- How do I find out when a bid or proposal is posted?
- Are bid/proposal documents available online?
- How do I get on the City’s bidder’s list?